So today the car's been in the garage and I've been given the chance to sit down and complete a few jobs.
First on the list was to test some website building sites. Having never been able to get on with WordPress I settled on Weebly. I've been really impressed with the feature set and the ability to lay out pages. Going Pro looks like a necessity to get the features I want but I'm happy to stump up for something that works as it should!
After the admin I got some axe time. People keep buying my whale scoops so got two more of those under way. Having used a sycamore branch with an off centre pith I got some nice deep scoops and a thinner section which became a serving spoon blank.
The next piece of timber to get some attention was a knotty piece of shrub- who's name I forget - which a fellow stall holder gave to me from her garden. The knots meant that I couldn't get much from it. Additionally, as it had dried it had ripped tears down the length of the branch which is fairly unusual and something I hadn't seen this extreme before. I did however manage to get one crook which will hopefully become a short handled serving spade. Watch this space and we'll see if it cracks.
After collecting a hire car it was time to do some carving so as the rain bounce off the awning I sat in the dry carving the whale scoops.
Photos to follow!